[IronPython] Talk to Python script from C# app...

Curt Hagenlocher curt at hagenlocher.org
Thu Jun 12 21:18:09 CEST 2008

Whether it's CPython or IronPython, you're going to have to deploy something
to the user's PC if you want to run a Python program there.  IronPython
doesn't have any kind of installer; you just copy its modules over with your
application.  But your program almost certainly makes use of parts of the
standard CPython library, which you'd then have to copy over as well.

Even though CPython has an installer under Windows, I suspect you can still
do an "xcopy deployment" of it to most machines provided that you also grab
a copy of Python25.dll from the Windows directory.
To try with IronPython,
You can run ipy.exe the same way as you're running python.exe.  But you'd
want to try this from a command prompt first before going to the trouble of
changing your C# program.