[IronPython] Python Pages -- web application stack (like django, rails, ...)

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Thu Jun 12 20:07:30 CEST 2008

On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 02:18:58 +0200, "Jonathan Slenders"
<jonathan at slenders.be> wrote:"
> 2008/6/12 Tim Roberts <timr at probo.com>:
>> >
>> > May I ask what motivated you to create this from scratch?  There are a
>> > number of excellent Python web application frameworks available today,
>> > several of which have syntax and functionality almost exactly like yours
> If you know that many Python web frameworks, I'd really like to hear about
> it. (I've seen several, yes, but some were very outdated and and not
> maintained anymore)
> Because I don't know much of them it's hard to say what I missed.

"Several" is a very dramatic understatement.
* Django
* Pylons
* TurboGears
* Zope
* Karrigell
* SkunkWeb
* Webware
* CherryPy
* web2py
* Albatross
* Aquarium
* Python Servlet Engine
* Quixote
* Snakelets
* WebStack

And that's still not the complete list.  That's why I asked the
question.  I almost didn't ask, because I didn't want to sound like I
was suppressing innovation, but I have to believe it would be better for
the community as a whole to embrace and enhance one of the existing
packages, rather than start over from scratch.

Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.