[IronPython] Talk to Python script from C# app...

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Wed Jun 11 19:29:27 CEST 2008

Hello Bob,

The question is, do you want to run it in the same way you would launch
any command line application from C# and collect the results from
standard out - or do you want to embed IronPython and run the script
'inside' your application?

If the former then you can use System.Process to launch the script with
IronPython. You will need to download (rather than install) and launch
the script with 'ipy.exe args...'.

If the latter then how you do it depends on whether you use IronPython 1
or 2 and what exactly your use case is.

Michael Foord
http://www.ironpythoninaction.com/