[IronPython] XmlDocument or XDocument in Python/Silverlight

Jimmy Schementi Jimmy.Schementi at microsoft.com
Tue Jul 15 11:42:02 CEST 2008

Have fun =) Here's your answer:

There is no "first class support" for createTextNode (ie. a managed API that calls directly into the browser's native code). However, any javascript function can be called from managed code with "Invoke" so you could do this:

newtext = HtmlPage.Document.Invoke("createTextNode", "Some text added dynamically")
HtmlPage.Document.p1.Invoke("appendChild", newtext)

The "appendChild" call needs to be invoked as well, since the managed "AppendChild" equivalent only takes a HtmlElement, and Invoke will return a ScriptObject, and you can't cast a ScriptObject to a HtmlElement.

~js