[IronPython] How to get a System.Exception inside a IronPython except: clause

Dan Eloff dan.eloff at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 01:37:27 CEST 2008

This may sound a little similar to some of my other posts on here, the
help I received previously has enabled me to get stuck in new and
exciting areas :)

The stdlib traceback module can be used to format python exceptions,
but unfortunately it seems to leave out some information, like clr
exception data (thanks Curt and Jimmy for helping me turn that on). So
now I find myself thinking how to use
Application.Current.Environment.GetEngine('py').FormatException()
(thanks Dino) to do a better job. The only trouble is it wants a clr
Exception, not a ValueError. Is there any way to call this function
with the tools available inside of an except: clause ?

Thanks,
-Dan