[IronPython] [python] Re: IronPython & Silverlight

Craig S. Perler 04 Craig.S.Perler.04 at Alum.Dartmouth.ORG
Sat Jan 26 22:02:39 CET 2008

Ok. Thank you Michael.

---Discussion of IronPython <users at lists.ironpython.com>
wrote ---
On 26 Jan 2008 14:54:56 -0500, Craig S. Perler 04 <
Craig.S.Perler.04 at alum.dartmouth.org> wrote:

> The DLLs I'm currently referencing and experiencing
> problems with are the ones that downloaded with
> Silverlight 1.1...

Ah - I misunderstood the discussion. I'll try compiling
the code on my
system and see what happens.

[http://www.voidspace.org.uk/ironpython/silverlight/embeddi
> > ng_ironpython.shtml].
> >
> > Thoughts on what I'm doing wrong?
> >
> > Thanks again,
> >
> > -Craig
> >
> > ---Discussion of IronPython
<users at lists.ironpython.com>
> > wrote ---
> >
> >> Craig S. Perler wrote:
> >>
> >> I'm having problems accessing .NET libraries from
> >> IronPython hosted within a Silverlight application and
> >> have hit a wall. If you have any advice, I'd be most
> >> appreciative!
> >>

> > The work around for hosting IronPython in Silverlight
> 1.1
> > is a little messy, since the DLR should take care of
> this
> > and not require the user's app to override the PAL. We
> are
> > revisiting this for the next release of Silverlight to
> > make it work well.
> >
> > I assume you'd like to host IronPython in an existing
C#
> > SL app? If you can do without C# code, and without the
> > bleeding edge IronPython version ... you could just use
> > the IronPython version shipped in Silverlight. There
are
> > samples on silverlight.net if you'd like examples on
how
> > to do it.
> >

> >> To describe my setup... I'm first initializing the
> >> PlatformAdaptationLayer with the details described
here

[http://www.voidspace.org.uk/ironpython/silverlight/embeddi

> >> ng_ironpython.shtml]. I'm not certain what exactly
that
> >> does, but it seems clear that no amount of fiddling
> >>
> > around
> >
> >> in IronPython works without detailing the
> >> ScriptEnvironmentSetup. With that in place, I see a
bit

> > of
> >
> >> progress: I can execute the script "def func():\r\n
> >> return 'in Func()'" and then retrieve the result by
> >> evaluating the script "func()".
> >>
> >> I've tried a variety of combinations to gain access to
> >> System.DateTime from the Python script, but they all
end
> >> up with an error like the one below. Additionally,
this
> >> error is also similar to the one I receive when
> >>
> > attempting
> >
> >> to call PythonEngine.ExecuteFile(string path), which I
> >> have thus far been unable to get to work.
> >>

> > Can you send me the source or a smaller repro of the
> > issue? Michael, did you run into any of these issues?
> >
> > ~Jimmy
> ironpython.com

ironpython.com

--