[IronPython] Roadmap for IronPython 2.0

Dino Viehland dinov at exchange.microsoft.com
Tue Jan 15 21:15:20 CET 2008

When I say CPython 2.5 compatibility I really just mean Python 2.5 compatibility.  When speaking of multiple Python implementations CPython is just what everyone calls the original implementation of Python which is written in C that all the alternate implementations track.

The goal for the DLR is to get great cross-language interop between the dynamic languages, not the ability to use Python objects from C#.  But this is possible to a certain extent already via interfaces or common base classes.  The most important missing feature is you can't do new SomePythonType() and that won't change in IronPython 2.0 / DLR 1.0.