[IronPython] .NET vs. Tk vs. PyQt . . <Newbie question>

Keith Hoard khoard at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 15:43:42 CET 2008

What are the "big picture" differences between these three?

I've figured out that all three give Python GUI capability.  I also know
that .NET is specific to Windows and in addition gives access to sound and
graphics capability of the computer.  Tk and PyQt are available for both
Windows and Linux.  I'm sure there are other extensions out there that I'm
not aware of that provide the same functionality.

Do any of these three systems rely on each other?  When you write an
application, would I ever use .NET in one part and Tk in another and PyQt in
another?  If I write an application in Python using one of these systems,
would another user on a different OS have to make extensive changes to the
program to run it on their system, or is that the beauty of the
multi-platform extensions?

I'm not looking for extensive in-depth tutorial (I'll get to that in a few
months!!), just trying to figure out in my mind the differences of these
three systems.

Thanks in advance. . .

--

Keith Hoard