[IronPython] wxPython and Ironpython

M. David Peterson xmlhacker at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 12:55:39 CET 2008

On Jan 9, 2008 4:11 AM, Sanghyeon Seo <sanxiyn at gmail.com> wrote:

> This sounds like a good fit for Python.NET. Python.NET allows you to
> use .NET libraries with vanilla Python (so you can use wxPython too).
>
> http://pythonnet.sourceforge.net/
>
> Or you can write .NET part in IronPython (or anything, really) and use
> IPC to communicate with GUI.

For what it's worth you might also try looking at wx.NET (
http://wxnet.sourceforge.net/ ), using IronPython to call into wx.NET and
then porting the wxPython code to IronPython + wx.NET, though my guess is
that Seo's suggesting will be both your fastest (in terms of the time to
write the code) and most portable option.

--
/M:D

M. David Peterson
Co-Founder & Chief Architect, 3rd&Urban, LLC
Email: m.david at 3rdandUrban.com | m.david at amp.fm
Mobile: (206) 418-9027
http://3rdandUrban.com | http://amp.fm |
http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/au/2354