[IronPython] IronPython 1.1.1 wish-list?

Dino Viehland dinov at exchange.microsoft.com
Wed Jan 2 18:43:43 CET 2008

This is easy enough to fix for 1.1.1.  The issue here (I think) is that somewhere in your sys.path you have a file called Oracle.exe that contains exactly 1 type (which, not surprisingly, is not a subtype of CompiledModule).  Apparently we can create an instance of that type but because it's not a CompiledModule we get null and blow up trying to load the module.

In general we just need to harden those code path to a bunch of potential failures: More than one type, types w/o public ctors, types whose ctor's throw, etc...  That's an easy enough change to make for v1.1.  Also this code path doesn't exist in v2.0 at all right now so it doesn't suffer from this issue.