[IronPython] urllib.urlretrieve with IronPython 2a8

Curt Hagenlocher curt at hagenlocher.org
Tue Feb 19 00:34:59 CET 2008

http://www.microsoft.com
>> has been succeeding for me more often than not.
>
> Hmmm... could be a difference in the default socket timeout, or when the socket
> object is created (?). Whatever the cause I think the bug should be reopened.

One difference between the two is that www.microsoft.com actually has
an HTTP redirect involved, while the failing version does not.

Here's a simpler way to reproduce the problem:

import httplib
h = httplib.HTTP('www.google.com')
h.putrequest('GET', '/')
h.endheaders()
a, b, c = h.getreply()
fp = h.getfile()
fp.read(1024*8)

This fails with the same "disposed object" error, but replacing google
with microsoft makes it work correctly.  Any "business/political"
implications thereof are left as an exercise to the reader ;).

--
Curt Hagenlocher
curt at hagenlocher.org