[IronPython] Compiling with Two Dependent Libraries

Pigneri, Rocco rpigneri at LavaStorm.com
Fri Feb 15 18:28:07 CET 2008

Dear all,

If I have two projects, A and B, and A depends on B, then I can compile
A and B together into one assembly by using the -X:AssembliesDir
directive.  Even though the documentation labels this switch as
indicating where to put the output assemblies, it also uses whatever IPY
files it finds in the AssembliesDir to compile the output assembly.

Now, let's say I have three projects A, B, and C.  A depends on B and C.
If I provide 2 AssembliesDir switches, then only the final one is used
to pull in libraries, and the compiler says that it cannot find the
first library's code.  If I put two directories in the switch--separated
by a colon or semicolon--then I get an error.  Also, if I try to compile
all three projects separately and then put all three assemblies in the
same directory, I still cannot run the software.

How can I build project A in this case?

Thank you,

Rocco