[IronPython] Detecting IronPython Installation Directory

Curt Hagenlocher curt at hagenlocher.org
Tue Dec 23 18:28:28 CET 2008

Looking at the WiX source (is that included in the source distribution?), it
doesn't appear that we're deliberately writing this information into the
registry.  But the MsiProductInfo function should be able to retrieve it
from the sekrit Windows Installer stash.
http://www.pinvoke.net/default.aspx/msi/MsiGetProductInfo.html

Alas, I don't imagine this can be easily accessed from within IronPython
itself, but as Michael suggests, there are simpler ways of doing that :).