[IronPython] MouseButtonDownEvent doesn't fire + which tool to work in?

xkrja kristian.jaksch at gmail.com
Sun Dec 21 16:31:46 CET 2008

I've the following code:

def inputBox_MouseLeftButtonDown(s, e):
    if isFirst == True:
	    root.inputBox.Text = ""
	    isFirst = False

root.inputBox.MouseLeftButtonDown += inputBox_MouseLeftButtonDown

Problem is the event doesn't fire when I click the inputBox (which is a
textbox). The debugger doesn't say anything. I have another event handler
and that one works fine:

root.inputBox.KeyDown += inputBox_KeyDown

Anyone has any idea what's wrong with the MouseLeftButtonDown event?

Another question: Which tool do you guys say is the best for developing
IronPython + Silverlight apps? I find it hard in Visual Studio since the
debugger only lets you step through the code but you can't see any variable
values.