[IronPython] Online IronPython interpreter and DLRconsole.

Jimmy Schementi Jimmy.Schementi at microsoft.com
Sat Dec 20 01:56:04 CET 2008

DLRConsole isn't really reusable today, which is why I've been rewriting it in C# and adding it to Microsoft.Scripting.Silverlight: (http://github.com/jschementi/agdlr). It can be enabled by putting console=true in initParams (http://blog.jimmy.schementi.com/2008/11/repls-in-silverlight.html). It's a HTML based console, with a <input type="text" ... /> for input. I tried a <textarea> for a while and it just complicated things. I stayed away from using Silverlight controls and such, because it wouldn't work for a HTML-only Silverlight app. HTML is just fine for this type of thing, but it would be nice to have a Silverlight UI implementation. Maybe combine my work and SilverShell? =)

(P.S. Jim Hugunin wrote the initial version of DLRConsole ... I've only kept it working =))