[IronPython] CustomSymbolDictionary and conversions

Christian Schmidt christian2.schmidt at gmx.de
Fri Aug 22 00:48:13 CEST 2008

Hi Seshadri,

thanks for your answer.

> The TryGetExtraValue and TrySetExtraValue methods can return a false
> for SymbolIDs that they don't maintain. Those values will be looked
> up in the actual scope.

I see, makes sense.

When accessing the baseScope from your example, isn't
SymbolTable.IdToString(key) for each access to the baseScope slow?
I wonder, why there is no ScriptScope.GetVariable(SymbolId) method.

What would be the approach to extend a ScriptScope by the properties of
an object? Or in other words: How can I evaluate an expression in an
object's scope?

Regards,
Christian