[IronPython] defined in multiple assemblies (framework 3.5)

Dody Gunawinata empirebuilder at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 11:32:19 CEST 2008

Hi Dino,

There's a couple of problems here with this situation:

- This pretty much locks up IronPython 2 from any .Net 3.5 based website.
The ASP.Net MVC framework is based on .Net 3.5 too and they use a bunch of
System.Core facilities in their code base. The nicest thing about .Net 3.5
is to be able to use LINQ on code behind and right now when I compile my
application, I got a bunch of warnings about duplicated LINQ definition
methods existing in 2 assemblies. Now I cannot use Action<> or Func<> in
code behind.

- I think this will prevent the next IP for ASP.Net to be able to use .Net
3.5 libraries.

Dody G.

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 1:59 AM, Fernando Correia <
fernandoacorreia at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dino, thanks for the ideas, but I'd rather not do anything too drastic
> like that. I have a complex application that can be extended by other
> DLLs and it has to behave like a standard .NET 3.5 app. I'm trying to
> implement scripting on top of that, so scripting will have to fit
> in...
>
> 2008/8/18 Dino Viehland <dinov at microsoft.com>:
> > The only thing I can think of is to explicitly provide the list of
> > assemblies (which I believe you can do through config) and exclude
> > System.Core – of course that only works if you're not using any of the
> new
> > features.  I haven't tried it though so maybe that doesn't work L…  But I
> do
> > believe ASP.NET via CodeDom is passing /noconfig to the compiler.
> >
> > Another idea would be to lock your project back to .NET 2.0.   There's a
> new
> > CompilerVersion tag that needs to be specified via config that was added
> w/
> > .NET 3.5.  You can set the version there to v2.0 and we'll then use the
> > original C# 2.0 compiler.

nomadlife.org