[IronPython] Roadmap and updates

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Tue Aug 5 12:36:56 CEST 2008

Giles Thomas wrote:
> Curt Hagenlocher wrote:
>> Until then, you can always do what I understand Resolver Systems did:
>> save your forms as C# and manually copy the generated code into your
>> Python classes.  The initialization code is so generic and
>> predictable that you don't have to do much more than lop the
>> semicolons off the ends of the lines.
>
> Not quite - we generate C# base classes from Visual Studio, then write
> IronPython subclasses to add the behaviour.

This means that we can always edit the forms in the designer - and
because the generated code is in C# no-one feels tempted to tinker with
it... As Giles says, all the actual behaviour is implemented in Python -
we just use the designer for the layout.

Michael

--
http://www.ironpythoninaction.com/
http://www.voidspace.org.uk/