[IronPython] Creating Excel Add-in with Iron Python

Seshadri Pillailokam Vijayaraghavan seshapv at microsoft.com
Fri Aug 1 18:46:55 CEST 2008

Couple of weeks back I wrote a Addin for VS that does something similar  to what you are describing. It was intended as a demo\sample on how to use the DLR Hosting API.

It is basically a simple addin for VS that routes all events to a python function defined in a '.py' file.   Take a look at this - http://blogs.msdn.com/seshadripv/archive/2008/07/17/dlr-hosting-sample-write-event-handlers-for-vs-in-ironpython.aspx. If you think this is along the lines of what you want to do, let me know. I also started writing a similar thing for excel but didn't go through with it. I could probably share that with you if you are interested.