[IronPython] POP3_SSL issue

Kar, Sujit kar at musc.edu
Wed Apr 16 21:01:15 CEST 2008

Hello,

I am trying to access gmail via the POP3_SSL standard python library. Ironpython is installed & so is Python2.5 and site.py has the necessay path information. OS is Vista

When I try to execute the following code in IronPython:

   mbox = poplib.POP3_SSL("pop.gmail.com")

I get an error message saying:
   AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'ssl'

If I use the python console installed with Python2.5, everything works just fine.

Any ideas?

I just started using python/ironpython, so please excuse any newbie mistakes.

Thanks,
Sujit
-=-