[IronPython] Using ipy to "control" a form

Curt Hagenlocher curt at hagenlocher.org
Thu Apr 10 13:49:38 CEST 2008

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 4:37 AM, Greg Akins <angrygreg at gmail.com> wrote:

> However, I when I executed 'from System.Windows.Forms import Form'
> (instead of *) then form.Show() worked OK.

This may have been a problem with 2.0A6; it seems to work just fine in
2.0B1. Though I'd suggest that importing * from System.Windows.Forms
is not necessarily the best approach (at least in production code),
especially given that it's got over 700 items in its namespace.  Even
when just playing interactively, you risk silently overwriting
previously-defined symbols when you "import *".

--
Curt Hagenlocher
curt at hagenlocher.org