[IronPython] Trying to use the library preppy from reportlib in ironpython and silverlight

Vineet Jain (gmail) vinjvinj at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 19:14:38 CEST 2008

>>I'm not familiar with preppy - but IronPython doesn't support loading or
>>saving compiled Python bytecode files (IronPython uses a different
>>bytecode format altogether).

But that is not the problem. If I have the following string

python_source = """
def function test_dynamic():
	return 1
"""

How do I load this function at run time and be able to call the function
Some_module.test_dynamic(), also  more importantly, can this be done in
Silverlight?

>>You also can't write to the filesystem from Silverlight. You can read
>>files that are contained in the '.xap' file (your dynamic application) -
>>but you have to use 'file' rather than 'open'.

I'm less worried about this, since I can modify the preppy module so that
the
File system is not needed.