[IronPython] Trying to use the library preppy from reportlib in ironpython and silverlight

Vineet Jain (gmail) vinjvinj at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 15:21:54 CEST 2008

I'm building my first silverlight application and wanted to use a good
templating library (preppy from reportlab
http://www.reportlab.org/downloads.html ) in ironpython. The main problem
that I'm having now is with

        import py_compile

        py_compile.compile(srcFileName,

                           cfile=directory + os.sep + name + '.pyc',

                           dfile=name + '.py')

When I try to import py_compile from python it fails. Is there any way to
compile and load a python source file from a text string and not have to
save the file to the filesystem?

Thanks,

Vineet