[IronPython] replacing engine.evaluate by CreateLambda

Dino Viehland dinov at exchange.microsoft.com
Tue Sep 25 18:04:58 CEST 2007

Unfortunately there isn't a great way to do this.  If EngineModule.GetGlobalScope were public you could create your own EM that's bound to locals (Or if engine.GetModuleScope were public).

That would let you use CreateLambdaUnscoped.  It returns a ModuleBinder<TDelegate> and the ModuleBinder returns the delegate of the type you want.  That lets you do:

ModuleBinder<Expression> binder = Engine.CreateLambdaUnscoped<Expression>(expression);
binder(engineModule)(engineModule);

but because you can't bind an EM to a new set of locals you're stuck.  You could call those through reflection or re-build IronPython and make them public.