[IronPython] ironpython as a scripting language for ms office

Carl Trachte ctrachte at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 18:18:08 CEST 2007

Thanks!  This link is fantastic.  I've bookmarked the cookbook.

http://www.ironpython.info/index.php/Contents#Interop

One recipe that deals explicitly with Excel is this one:

http://www.ironpython.info/index.php/Interacting_with_Excel

"Interop" was the word I had been looking for previously.  This is one of
the subheadings in the cookbook.

I had been dragging my feet on using IronPython and dotNet instead of
CPython, even when IronPython would have been more appropriate.  The
cookbook link lowers the barrier to entry considerably.

Again, thank you.