[IronPython] ironpython as a scripting language for ms office

David Jensen davidjensen at usa.net
Thu Sep 6 15:23:00 CEST 2007

I have never used the old visual basic for ms office, so I do not know what it
is like. I have a (2001?) book on Python for win 32. I have not used the code
yet, but it says I can use python (2.1?) in, for example, ms word to put text
into word, but I cannot change  fonts, among other things. Does IronPython
work to fully access ms office apps, like the old vb apparently worked in the
old office (97?). If it does, does this require ms office 2007? (I have it)
I am mostly interested mostly interested in modifying ms access tables.( I can
do this outside access now with standard Python). A lot of people would be
very pleased if they could use the language of their choice in ms office. I
have vs 2005 standard, apparently I need vs 2005 office ($700) to do this.
Can't I just run IronPython and forget vs 2005? I started in computers in the
days when everything was command line, and I prefer that environment. Ms
Office is much more powerful than trying to do things with tkinter or wx.

David Jensen
Apartment 412
414 West 120th Street
New York, New York 10027