[IronPython] Linux Support

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Wed Oct 31 09:46:01 CET 2007

Evan Klitzke wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been looking at IronPython a bit lately as an alternative to
> CPython.  I've had some difficulties, however, getting it working on
> Linux. I've just spent a few minutes trying to get it running under
> mono, and I haven't been that impressed. Among various problems:

Hello Evan,

Linux and Mono support is through the FePy project.

http://fepy.sourceforge.net

It addresses the build concerns you raise and provides some modules that
don't come with the standard IronPython build.

You can't use CPython extensions (the ones written in C anyway) with
IronPython though, and should look for .NET equivalents.

All the best,

Michael
http://www.manning.com/foord