[IronPython] Need a Good Embedded Example

JoeSox joesox at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 20:50:28 CEST 2007

On 10/18/07, Joshua J. Pearce <joshua.pearce at gmail.com> wrote:
> My application is ASP.NET, I hardly think integrating CPython is going to be a better choice.

You never mentioned you were using ASP.NET. You have mentioned C#.

> Is is possible to 'expose' c# methods that exist in the same scope as an IPY
> engine,

Can you clarify what you mean by this line for me?  Can you provide a
C# method  that exists in the same scope as an IPY engine?

There must be a custom interface, how would an outside script know
about a custom method outside it's scope without an custom interface?
Michael and myself have both provided examples.

If you have a C# method it must be represented by something else in
the script or python code that IronPythonEngine is using, then update
the script or python code loaded in the IronPythonEngine using the
examples provided.

Since I have not seen your source, I don't know why you believe
importing the AppService dll and create your own instance in the IP
engine will be too much overhead.  That sounds like the bet way to go
but I am not familiar with your source.
Good Luck!
--
Later, JoeSox