[IronPython] Announcement: Project to get some CPython C extensions running under IronPython

Curt Hagenlocher curt at hagenlocher.org
Wed Oct 17 18:23:23 CEST 2007

On 10/17/07, Giles Thomas <giles.thomas at resolversystems.com> wrote:

> I must admit I'd also misunderstood how a MC++ option would work, in the
> same way as Paolo Molaro, but this sounds really useful.  Is there any
> particular resource you'd recommend for learning more about it?

Perhaps you should read this link first:
http://www.mono-project.com/CPlusPlus

I've obviously given the impression that I have quite a bit more experience
with MC++ than is actually the case.  Although I spent some time studying
the technology for possible use, my real-world experience with it is pretty
limited.  A good friend made extensive use of it at his previous job.  They
reported lots of problems under 1.0 and 1.1, but were quite happy with the
robustness and syntactical improvements made for 2.0.  He says that -- for
integrating a "legacy" C or C++ codebase into the CLR environment -- he
would use it again in a heartbeat.

But I would expect that Mono-compatibility is especially critical for this
project.

--
Curt Hagenlocher
curt at hagenlocher.org