[IronPython] Announcement: Project to get some CPython C extensions running under IronPython

Giles Thomas giles.thomas at resolversystems.com
Wed Oct 17 18:13:58 CEST 2007

Davy Mitchell wrote:
> Are Resolver Users looking to reuse their existing code in
> spreadsheets or just have the same facilities? If the latter then SWIG
> for Dotnet seems a better option than COM and is more Mono friendly.

I think having the same facilities is vital, but having the same
interface is very important.  If I understand it correctly, the problem
with SWIG is that it relies on there already existing a solid,
well-designed C API which can be wrapped - which is the case for NumPy,
but isn't for C extensions in general AFAIK.

Regards,

Giles

--
Giles Thomas
MD & CTO, Resolver Systems Ltd.
giles.thomas at resolversystems.com
+44 (0) 20 7253 6372

We're hiring! http://www.resolversystems.com/jobs/

17a Clerkenwell Road, London EC1M 5RD, UK
VAT No.: GB 893 5643 79
Registered in England and Wales as company number 5467329.
Registered address: 843 Finchley Road, London NW11 8NA, UK