[IronPython] C# and IronPython Interface.

Kaveripakam, Sathish Sathish.Kaveripakam at phonak.com
Wed Nov 28 11:30:23 CET 2007

Hi All,

Please find my updated Entry.cs and ArithmeticOperations.py files:

Entry.cs :

using System;
using System.Collections;
using System.IO;
using System.Text;
using IronPython.Compiler;
using IronPython.Hosting;
using IronPython.Runtime;
using IronPython.Runtime.Exceptions;
using IronPython.Runtime.Operations;

public class Entry
{
    public static void Main(string[] args)
    {
        int a = 2, b = 2, x = 3;

        PythonEngine pe = new PythonEngine();
        EngineModule mod = pe.CreateModule();

        pe.Execute(File.ReadAllText("ArithmeticOperations.py"), mod);
        object func = mod.Globals["ArithmeticOperations"];

        Object res = Ops.Call(func, a, b);
        Console.WriteLine(res);

    }
}

ArithmeticOperations.py:

def ArithmeticOperations(a,b):
		return

When I executed the above project (which includes IronMath and
IronPython dll's for V1.1), I find the run time exception, when it is
trying to execute the line

"pe.Execute(File.ReadAllText("ArithmeticOperations.py"), mod);"

The trace for the above problem is as follows:

System.IO.IOException was unhandled
  Message="Could not add reference to assembly Microsoft.Scripting"
  Source="IronPython"
  StackTrace:
       at IronPython.Modules.ClrModule.AddReference(String name)
       at IronPython.Modules.ClrModule.AddReference(Object reference)
       at IronPython.Modules.ClrModule.AddReference(Object[] references)
       at AddReference##11(Object , Object )
       at IronPython.Runtime.Calls.CallTarget2.Invoke(Object arg0,
Object arg1)
       at IronPython.Runtime.Calls.FastCallable2.Call(ICallerContext
context, Object arg0, Object arg1)
       at IronPython.Runtime.Calls.FastCallable2.Call(ICallerContext
context, Object[] args)
       at
IronPython.Compiler.MethodBinder.MethodTarget.Call(ICallerContext
context, Object[] args)
       at IronPython.Compiler.MethodBinder.TargetSet.Call(ICallerContext
context, CallType callType, Object[] args)
       at
IronPython.Compiler.MethodBinder.TargetSet.Call2(ICallerContext context,
Object arg0, Object arg1)
       at
IronPython.Runtime.Calls.FastCallableWithContextAny.CallInstance(ICaller
Context context, Object arg0, Object arg1)
       at
IronPython.Runtime.Calls.BoundBuiltinFunction.Call(ICallerContext
context, Object arg0)
       at
IronPython.Runtime.Operations.Ops.CallWithContext(ICallerContext
context, Object func, Object arg0)
       at <string>##1(ModuleScope )
       at IronPython.Hosting.CompiledCodeDelegate.Invoke(ModuleScope
moduleScope)
       at IronPython.Hosting.CompiledCode.Run(ModuleScope moduleScope)
       at IronPython.Hosting.CompiledCode.Execute(EngineModule
engineModule, IDictionary`2 locals)
       at IronPython.Hosting.PythonEngine.Execute(String scriptCode,
String fileName, EngineModule engineModule, IDictionary`2 locals)
       at IronPython.Hosting.PythonEngine.Execute(String scriptCode,
EngineModule engineModule)
       at Entry.Main(String[] args) in
C:\TESTPROJS\Project3\Project1\Entry.cs:line 53
       at System.AppDomain.nExecuteAssembly(Assembly assembly, String[]
args)
       at System.AppDomain.ExecuteAssembly(String assemblyFile, Evidence
assemblySecurity, String[] args)
       at
Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.HostProc.RunUsersAssembly()
       at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object
state)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext
executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
       at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

In this regard, I wanted to know am I missing something primitive in the
Project Settings ?

Regards