[IronPython] Console

Dino Viehland dinov at exchange.microsoft.com
Wed May 30 04:12:25 CEST 2007

Some tweaks to make it better:

.\ipy.exe -X:ColorfulConsole -X:TabCompletion -X:AutoIndent

Or some combination thereof (I don't like AutoIndent because copy & pasting code breaks).

And make sure to enable Quickedit Mode on the console (Right Click menu bar, Properties->Options->Quick Edit Mode) and fix the default buffer size.

Console, command line?  I've always considered these to be basically the same.  If you were expecting a light weight IDE app or something - well, we don't really have one of those yet.  At best we have the VS SDK integration sample which includes IDE & WinForms drag&drop support - but it is a sample and requires VS Pro.