[IronPython] IronPython x86/x64

Dan Shechter dans at houmus.org
Mon Mar 26 17:13:50 CEST 2007

Hi,
Since I didn't receive any comments regarding my proposal last time I will
try to re-iterate it once again.

I think it would be very helpful for IP official builds/project files to
contain two versions of the ipy.exe and ipw.exe
ipy.exe / ipyw.exe - Targeted for all architectures
ipy-x86.exe / ipyw-x86.exe - Targeted for x86 processors specifically.

Having the additional *-x86.exe versions will allow developers needing to
interface with 32-bit DLLs / COM objects on a x64 bit system
do so without having to recompile and tinker with IP project files.

Any official comment / discussion would be greatly appreciated.