[IronPython] shelve bug?

Stuart Midgley sdm900 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 06:39:55 CET 2007

Afternoon

I am not sure if this has done the rounds previously, but shelves
don't appear to be fully supported on IronPython

My code (shelvebug.py) is

import sys

sys.path.append("/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/
Libraries/python2.4")

import shelve

d=shelve.open("aaa", writeback=True)
d["a"] = 1
d.close()

and the output is

stu:/IronPython-1.0.1 > mono -O=all ipy.exe shelvebug.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File shelvebug, line unknown, in Initialize
   File shelve, line unknown, in __setitem__
   File dumbdbm, line unknown, in __setitem__
   File dumbdbm, line unknown, in _addval
NotImplementedError: bad mode: rb+

This obviously works just fine on my MacOSX system with python2.4.3

Stu.

--
Dr Stuart Midgley
sdm900 at gmail.com