[IronPython] Silverlight - Adding References to Assemblies

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Thu Jul 19 02:16:22 CEST 2007

John Messerly wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> What does the call to clr.AddReference look like? We currently have a limitation in Silverlight, that we require a fully qualified assembly name, e.g.:
>
> clr.AddReference("MyAssembly, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null")

Ah....

It might be worth mentioning that on this page:

http://silverlight.net/QuickStarts/Other/ProgramDlr.aspx

Which provides the example:

    Use the clr.AddReference function to load assemblies, and make their
contents available for import.

    clr.AddReference("MyAssembly")

But thanks. :-)

Michael Foord