[IronPython] [Kamaelia-list] Hosting IronPython 2.X in .NET app

M. David Peterson xmlhacker at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 00:11:27 CEST 2007

Hi Michael,

I've added all of the necessary module dependencies as well as Axon
1.5.1into the SVN repository @
http://extf.googlecode.com/svn/vendor/IPCE-r6/Lib/ < This includes various
standard lib modules such as sets that I pulled from Python 2.3.6.

I just checked, and IPY2 Alpha 2 wont run via Mono as is (requires a couple
of patches from Seo to build properly), so I will need to quickly compile a
fresh set of binaries for you to test with.  In the mean time, on Windows,
here's what I am currently looking at from within an ipy.exe session (using
a checked-out Lib directory from above)

IronPython console: IronPython 2.0A2 (2.0.10627.00) on .NET 2.0.50727.1318
> Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File , line 0, in <string>##11
>   File , line 0, in _stub_##2
>   File .\Lib\Axon\__init__.py, line 32, in Initialize
>   File , line 0, in _stub_##145
>   File C:\Documents and Settings\M. David\My
> Documents\Projects\Lib\Axon\Scheduler.py, line 67, in __init__
>   File , line 0, in _stub_##52
>   File C:\Documents and Settings\M. David\My
> Documents\Projects\Lib\Axon\Microprocess.py, line 229, in __init__
>   File , line 0, in _stub_##52
>   File C:\Documents and Settings\M. David\My
> Documents\Projects\Lib\Axon\CoordinatingAssistantTracker.py, line 45, in ge
> tcat
>   File , line 0, in _stub_##103
>   File , line 0, in _stub_##329
> TypeError: unsupported operand type for Not:
> 'coordinatingassistanttracker'

I'll compile the binaries for use on GNU/Linux/Mono, add them to the
repository, and send you the link when complete.

On 7/10/07, Michael Sparks <ms at cerenity.org> wrote:

> On Tuesday 10 July 2007 21:25, Dino Viehland wrote:
> > Does Kamaelia use the new syntax as supported via PEP-342
>
> Kamaelia uses the simpler version of generators which rather than the new
> functionality in PEP342. Specifically Kamaelia uses the version of python
> generators that has been part of the language since python 2.2.2 -
> specifically PEP 255 generators:
>
> cf http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0255/
>
> Personally I'd be surprised if Kamaelia didn't work on IronPython, but
> I've
> simply not tried it myself. If someone tells me the dependencies under
> Linux,
> I'd be more than happy to test it :)
>

> Michael.

/M:D