[IronPython] [Kamaelia-list] Hosting IronPython 2.X in .NET app

M. David Peterson xmlhacker at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 23:12:46 CEST 2007

On 7/10/07, Dino Viehland <dinov at exchange.microsoft.com> wrote:

>  Does Kamaelia use the new syntax as supported via PEP-342 (
> http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0342/).  That's the particular piece
> that we don't support and is new to 2.5 – we do support generators when
> you use yield as a statement instead of as an expression (in other words, we
> don't support the send method on the generator – only next).  It's hard to
> tell as 1.5.1 was released shortly after Python 2.5 and I don't see any
> statements about which version of Python is required.

I believe that Kamaelia is compliant with Python 2.4 forward.

> Looking at all the various things it supports I would be shocked if there
> wasn't some use of the C-based extension API (which would prevent, at least
> some portions, from working).

I should have clarified.  Axon is the underlying concurrency framework, and
if not mistaken, is written in pure Python.  I believe Kamaelia (which sits
on top of Axon) in and of itself is written in pure Python, but the plugins
are heavily built upon the C-based extension API.  I'll dig deeper and find
out for sure.  I'll also attempt to get Axon running via IP and report back
the result.

Thanks for your help, Dino!

--
/M:D