[IronPython] Hosting IronPython 2.X in .NET app

JoeSox joesox at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 04:29:41 CEST 2007

On 7/6/07, Chris Parnin <gameweld at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've seen several examples of how to embed IronPython 1.X in .NET.
> (e.g. IronTextBox) However, the architecture has changed greatly with
> 2.X.  Does anyone have a good example or pointers on hosting an
> interactive IronPython session in a .NET app?

One of the reasons why I haven't updated IronTextBox is that
IronPython 2 is in Alpha.  I decided to wait until it was Beta.  On
top of that, Python is set for a major version upgrade soon, so I
don't know how this will effect IronPython's development.  I am
wondering if others are thinking the same?
--
Later, Joe