[IronPython] Suspending, saving script execution?

M. David Peterson xmlhacker at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 04:59:08 CET 2007

You know, I have heard so many good and wonderful things about TCL, yet no
very little to nothing about it.

Seems obviouis I need to change that...

Thanks for the info/history lesson -- need to dig deeper into this topic, as
well, though to be honest, its not surprising to me to see proof that, yet
again, what's old is new, and what's new, old.

As per a comment I recently left to a post from Rick Jelliffe (oh yes, of
Wikigate *FAME* ;)) regarding Schematron and "Cagle's Law of Contant
Complexity"[
http://www.oreillynet.com/xml/blog/2007/01/cagles_law_of_constant_complex.html
],

Though not specifically brought to the surface, much like Occam's Razor [
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_Razor<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam%27s_Razor>],
>
> In short, when given two equally valid explanations for a phenomenon, one
> should embrace the less complicated formulation.
>
> Which I believe is *EXACTLY* what Schematron represents.
>
> As a side, but related note, isn't funny how it's the first technology
> that tends to be the most correct as solving the problem at hand, though no
> one is really quite sure how to use it properly, or maybe better said, what
> to use it for. The second attempt is filled with so many ideas on how to
> make the first version better, though without any better understanding of
> what it will be used for, and as such seems to so overshoot the mark that a
> third time is required to fix all the problems of the second, before finally
> realizing that it was the first that was most correct in the first place.

"You mean John McCarthy, Guy Steele, and Alan Kay were right this whole
time!"

DAMN IT!, if that doesn't just blow the last 20 years of so-called "computer
language progress"! Guess it's time to crack open the "history" books again
to see what's in store for us next...

"Python, Haskell, and (compiled!) Javascript?  What the... " ;) :D

--
/M:D

M. David Peterson
http://mdavid.name | http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/au/2354