[IronPython] C Extensions

slide slide.o.mix at gmail.com
Sun Jan 7 02:58:53 CET 2007

As it has come up on the list several times, I was wondering if anyone
had given any thought to implementing an interface such that C
extensions could be used with FePy I know that FePy would have to
implement and export (and do some other magic) the C registration
functions, etc that the C extensions call. On Windows specifically, I
can envision that the import table of the C extension would need to be
modified to not rely on libpython, as well as redirecting the addresses
of the imported Python API functions to FePy functions which do the same
thing, seems somewhat complicated to me. Is it even feasible to do?

slide