[IronPython] [Python-3000] What's the point of annotations?

Mike Krell mbk.lists at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 21:25:34 CET 2007

> Also, now that you remind me of it, IronPython could use [annotations] for C# overloads.

FWIW, the IronPython folks are looking for a CPython-compatible syntax
for specifying .net attributes.  Function decorators (plus class
decorators) don't cover all the use cases because so many different
entities can be the target of a .net attribute.

Whether the proposed annotations help "enough" is a question for those
above my pay grade, i.e., I haven't been paying enough attention :-)

Cf. several related threads on the ironpython mailing list -- e.g.,

http://lists.ironpython.com/pipermail/users-ironpython.com/2006-September/003497.html

   Mike