[IronPython] standard modules

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Mon Feb 12 23:22:34 CET 2007

Paul Moore wrote:
> which standard modules exist in IP?
> For example can I do 'import random' or must I use the the CLR equivalents
You can use most of the Python standard library, but it must be on the
path (it doesn't come with the Microsoft IronPython distribution).

Make sure you have Python 2.4 installed.

You can then either use the IRONPYTHONPATH environment variable and set
it to the location of the Python standard library, manually add the path
in site.py *or* manually add the path in your own code.

Fuzzyman
http://www.voidspace.org.uk/ironpython/index.shtml