[IronPython] Problem with System.Diagnostics.Process.Start

Patrick Dubroy pdubroy at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 20:37:40 CET 2007

I've got a .swf file that I am trying to launch in the registered
application, using System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(). I am trying the
following:

>>> os.path.exists(r'C:\dubroy\nb-reusable.swf')
True
>>> System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(r'C:\dubroy\nb-reusable.swf')
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File , line 0, in ##148
  File , line 0, in _stub_##136
  File System, line unknown, in Start
  File System, line unknown, in Start
  File System, line unknown, in Start
  File System, line unknown, in StartWithShellExecuteEx
WindowsError: Application not found

The weird thing is that if I double-click on the file in explorer, it
properly launches the file in the Flash player. Does explorer do
something different than ShellExecute? Any idea why
StartWithShellExecuteEx can't find the registered application, but
explorer can?

Thanks,

Pat