[IronPython] DataSet.Tables not callable

kostas daglas daglask at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 10:26:42 CEST 2007

hi all ! this is my first post and i am new to database programming
generally.
Anyway i would appreciate your help..

i made an Addressbook table with 5 rows (myfriends!) and every row has items
(name, surname etc.)i called it AddressBook.mdb

I made  a form with a button and a TextBox contorl
i want to show when i click the button the first item of a given row in my
textbox.
i did:
            con = OleDb.OleDbConnection()
            ds = DataSet()

            con.ConnectionString = 'PROVIDER=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data
Source = C:\AddressBook.mdb'
            con.Open()
            sql = 'SELECT * FROM tblContacts'

            da=OleDb.OleDbDataAdapter(sql, con)
            da.Fill(ds, "AddressBook")

in c# i could do :
            txtFirstName.Text = ds.Tables("AddressBook").Rows(0).Item(1)
            how can i do that in IronPython?   ( i tried  it  but :
"DataTableCollection object is not callable.". )

 Thanks in advance for your help !

Kostas