[IronPython] import os

David Jensen davidjensen at usa.net
Wed Apr 18 02:22:23 CEST 2007

This is a very simple and obvious question. However, I am puzzled. I cannot do
"import os" in ipy 1.0 or 1.1. Apparently, I have to import it from cpython
according to codeplex? When I try importing ftplib, it says there is no os
module. Why was an import of the os module not implemented? It would seem
there would be numerous modules dependent on it. I am using an ironpython1.1
folder which I carry with me on a usb drive. I did not "install" it on a local
machine, although I did think I would have to because I can carry the regular
python 2.4 on the usb drive. I cannot find ironpython documents or
commentaries which mention the apparent inability to import the os module.

David Jensen
Apartment 412
414 West 120th Street
New York, New York 10027