[IronPython] Gzip module

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Sat Sep 23 21:55:10 CEST 2006

Sanghyeon Seo wrote:
> 2006/9/23, Sylvain Hellegouarch <sh at defuze.org>:
>
>> Just gave a stab to a gzip module yesterday evening and I thought it
>> might be handy for others.
>>
>> http://www.defuze.org/oss/ipextra/gzip.txt
>>

> Nice work!
>

>> It uses the SharZipLib package for .NET. It is bundled by default with
>> Mono but I don't know for MS.NET.
>>

> For MS.NET, you can download #ziplib here:
> http://www.icsharpcode.net/OpenSource/SharpZipLib/Default.aspx

This is cool - and the license is good to. Previously I just saw GPL on
this module and dismissed it.

Hmmm... it would seem like commercial or GPL are the only two license
choices for projects that use this module though. (I usually prefer BSD.)

>> I assume implementing other modules such as bzip2, zlib ad tarfile would
>> not be much harder.
>>

> tarfile module is in pure Python and it should work okay on IronPython
Great - when you have a fixed version, can you make it available please ?

Michael Foord