[IronPython] true division?

John Machin sjmachin at lexicon.net
Fri Sep 22 02:05:33 CEST 2006

On 22/09/2006 8:10 AM, Michael Foord wrote:
> Gary Stephenson wrote:
>> Thanks John (and Seo),
>>
>> When I attempt the same thing I get:
>>
> Of course. The correct syntax is:
>
> ;-)

Of course nothing.

Gary's original problem has nothing to do with syntax; he used the
correct syntax (from name1 import name2) but supplied an incorrect value
(true_division, IIRC) for name2.

In my whimsical advertisement for introspection, IronPython accepted the
correct syntax (import name1). The difference between my whimsy outcome
and Gary's is most likely because I've got the CPython Lib on my
sys.path for IronPython, and he hasn't:

| DOS_prompt>\ironpython\ipy
| IronPython 1.0.60816 on .NET 2.0.50727.42
| Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
| 'C:\\Python24\\Lib\\__future__.py'

HTH,
John