[IronPython] Adding methods in hosting application during runtime

Dino Viehland dinov at exchange.microsoft.com
Fri Sep 15 16:49:27 CEST 2006

The short answer is no, you can't create assemblies that are visible by reflection.

We do have a highly-experimental static type compiler that's included w/ IronPython 1.0 but it won't pass the same set of tests that the normal version passes (in other words, it's not nearly complete).  That currently only gets enabled when compiling via the CodeDom APIs - if you were to call those APIs to compile your code you'd end up with an assembly that would work.  The only question is how well it would work :).

Another option would be if AjaxPro used ICustomTypeDescriptor in addition to reflection it could see the attributes on a Python object.