[IronPython] Empty CodeMethodReturnStatement causes exception...

Nathan Baulch nathan.baulch at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 01:50:59 CEST 2006

I'm completely new to Python, so please forgive my ignorance.
I thought a good way to learn would be to target it with my code
generation tool that uses CodeDom. However I'm getting an exception
when my code contains empty return statements
(CodeMethodReturnStatement) for methods that return void.

Is this a bug or does it not make sense to return void in Python?
Is there a way around this without breaking other languages?

Cheers,
Nathan