[IronPython] Traceback Objects?

Dino Viehland dinov at exchange.microsoft.com
Tue Sep 5 18:35:03 CEST 2006

This looks to be a bug (note if you're running on a 64-bit box though we disable tracebacks by default due to another issue).  But what appears to be happening is we don't create the traceback if the exception is caught within the method that raises it.  Compare with:

>>> def test():
...     try:
...         test1()
...     except Exception, oErr: print sys.exc_info()
>>> def test1(): raise Exception()
>>> test()
(<class exceptions.Exception at 0x000000000000002B>, <exceptions.Exception instance at 0x000000000000002E>, <traceback object at 0x000000000000002F>)

Where we do create the traceback object.  I've created CodePlex bug 2912 (http://www.codeplex.com/WorkItem/View.aspx?ProjectName=IronPython&WorkItemId=2912) to track this.  Thanks for the report, we'll get this fixed in a post-1.0 release.